China and CoronaShock
CoronaShock is a term that refers to how a virus struck the world with such gripping force; it refers to how the social order in the bourgeois state crumbled, while the social order in the socialist parts of the world appeared more resilient.
This is the first in a multiple part series of studies on CoronaShock. It is made up of three articles on how China identified the novel coronavirus and then how the Chinese government and Chinese society fought against its wider diffusion. The report is researched and written by Vijay Prashad (Director of Tricontinental: Institute for Social Research), Du Xiaojun (a translator and linguist from Shanghai), and Weiyan Zhu (an attorney from Beijing). These articles first appeared through the Globetrotter service of the Independent Media Institute. The paintings in this booklet have been done by Li Zhong, an artist from Shanghai. At the end of the booklet is an interview with Li Zhong conducted by Tings Chak (Lead Designer at Tricontinental: Institute for Social Research).
- Tricontinental: Institute for Social Research is an international, movement-driven institution focused on stimulating intellectual debate that serves people’s aspirations.
Del mismo autor
- Serve the People: The Eradication of Extreme Poverty in China 04/08/2021
- Servir al pueblo: La erradicación de la extrema pobreza en China 04/08/2021
- Alerta Vermelho: Apenas uma Terra 03/06/2021
- Red Alert: Only One Earth 03/06/2021
- Alerta Roja: Una sola Tierra 03/06/2021
- Honduras devorada por dentro y por fuera 27/04/2021
- Entre la disputa global por las vacunas, la puja distributiva y la inminencia de la segunda ola 05/04/2021
- Desatando a crise; trabalhos de cuidados em tempos de coronavírus 10/03/2021
- Destapar la crisis. Trabajos de cuidados en tiempos de coronavirus 10/03/2021
- Uncovering the Crisis: Care Work in the Time of Coronavirus 09/03/2021
- Gabriela Ramírez Mendoza 07/02/2022
- Jyotsna Singh 06/02/2022
- Gabriela Ramírez Mendoza 06/02/2022
- Richa Chintan 10/01/2022
- Isaac Enríquez Pérez 03/01/2022